Feng Shui, the ancient art and science of placement, literally translates to Wind and Water. It links you to your surroundings to promote success in life, health, love, wealth and happiness while creating a welcoming and warm living space. Feng Shui achieves this through the awareness of the flow of Chi (the universal life–force energy) and utilizing it within your environment. Check out “What is Feng Shui” to learn more.
Here are 8 Easy Steps that you can take to uplift and transform the energy in your home and life and make everyday a good Feng Shui day!
1. Open blinds and draperies in each room every morning to let the natural sunlight (Fire element) in to energize the room.
2. Daily 10-10 Yang & Yin – Get in (Yang) action doing a quick 10-minute pickup around your home and balance it with taking 10 minutes of still, quiet (Yin) time and meditation.
3. Make your bed every day! Your bed is one of the most important things in your home because it is where you spend an average 8 hours a night. It is your energetic container. It sets the tone for the day and feeling pulled together. For more bedroom insight, check out The Buffalo News article – “From clothes to clocks, What’s hiding under your bed?”
4. Keep bathroom doors closed. Keep toilet lids down. – The toilet is the biggest drain in your home. Keeping the lid closed is synonymous with keeping money from going down the drain.
5. Be mindful of clutter. Clutter represents energetic roadblocks. Use it as an empowerment tool to stay on top of it to keep energy flowing in your home. Decluttering just 20 minutes a day can make a difference!
6. If it is broken, fix it! Don’t delay, everything should be in good working order in your home. Broken things are stuck chi/energy.
7. Keep your stove clean. A clean stove = vibrant health and wealth. Use all of the burners to circulate the good Fire chi.
8. Turn off TV and electronic devices 1 hour before bed to help unwind and unplug yourself and your space.
*Bonus: Some Feng Shui is better than no Feng Shui!
Check out Linda’s clip about
Feng Shui Your Health.
The recording of the class held on 10/6/21 is available for sale.